Club secretaries are what keep the administrative (read paperwork) side of the club running. Here are the tasks that were passed down to me from Ben Maggi, the previous secretary.
- Take meeting minutes, digest and repost them for all members to view. This is the official written record of the goings on of the club. The meeting minutes should be posted 0-2 days after the official meeting.
- We are responsible for all of the paperwork that the student government requires of us, which boils down to around 4 reports per school year.
- application for recognition - to renew our commitment in continuing to be a club. Asks for goals and extant membership.
- 2 quarterly reports - to say what we did the previous quarter and what concerns or complaints we have.
- 1 yearly report - to sum up what we did that year.
- maintain the active membership lists and access lists so members can card open the doors.
- To maintain the yahoo group - this has been superceded by the club webmaster.
- to maintain the club database. (this has also been superceded more or less by the club webmaster)
- To attend required Student Government club meetings once a month to eat free pizza and soda and listen to minor changes in school beureocracy, or delegate one to the aforementioned task
You see? the secretary position is nothing to be scared of.