The Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum

Discuss any topics that don't belong somewhere else here.

Postby Luther Brefo » Sat May 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Brought to you in part by members of RITMRC and the railroad preservationists such as John Redden, Norm Shaddick, Jeremy Tuke, Chris Hauf, Dave Peet, Dave Luca, Dale Hartnett, Jim Johnson, Randy Bogucki, Duncan Richards, Mark P. (I can't spell his last name but he's a good guy), and many more. In short it is the Rochester Chapter of the NRHS.

In any case, if you happen to be here for any part of the summer, stop on down at the museum, it is a good place to be. When you're done playing with the little trains, come on in have fun with the real stuff.

Remember Diesel Days is the third weekend of August and Caboose Days with Diesels is in June. Check out the RG&VRRM website brought to you by our very own Mike Roque. (http://www.rgvrrm.org)

Also, the museum is always looking for new volunteers and due to the efforts of Jessy Stallone, Mike Roque, Dave Scheiderich, Mike Walsh, Otto Vondrak, Joe Werner, Ryan Kane, Joe Nugent and I, the museum is aware that RIT Students are capable of being valuable members to the museum's various restoration efforts.

Recent news includes, the building of several yard tracks that will allow for more maneuverability at the museum. Things are on the up and up for the museum.

Today for example was a blast. Railroading is hard work but it is very rewarding. After several hours of switching and continued restoration, I can come here and tell you all about how much I enjoyed the day. Who knows, maybe you too can join us some Tuesday evening or some Saturday!

RGVRRM, a great extension to the hobby!
Luther Brefo

Postby Big John Sommer » Sun May 20, 2007 12:18 pm

shameless plug?
-John-
http://www.illwillpress.com/FOR33.html - Stolen from wolfboy
Big John Sommer

Postby Chris Stilson » Sun May 20, 2007 1:47 pm

Thanks for not adding my name.

Chris - also NRHS member
R&IT Southeast Division Manager
RITMRC Vice President 2001-2003
RITMRC President 2003-2005
Chris Stilson

Postby Luther Brefo » Sun May 20, 2007 4:14 pm

Chris Stilson wrote:Thanks for not adding my name.

Chris - also NRHS member

Hmm...

Interesting...

I forgot about that. I thought by now you had forgotten the good ole RGVRRM and joined some California Rail Museum. I hear there are quite a few of them out there and they do stuff too. But no one has a Lehigh Valley 211, or a NKP 79 and no one else certainly has the EK6 or the EK9. There is simply nothing that beats that motive power suite. Ohh and the 1843. Oily and Nice, all at the same time.

But yes Chris Stilson is a dear member of the RGVRRM and as such he is very much appreciated. Here look at him at the museum doing stuff:

Oh and Chris, the work you are seen doing here in the above photo has been destroyed...ROFLMAO....Look at the new and soon to be improved version here:

And one more of the RITMRC on the 79 at the transfer point on the railroad run by that railroad museum in that part of the state where that other railroad runs. Yea that one...

Chris...

Happy Birfday!
Luther Brefo

Postby Otto Vondrak » Mon May 21, 2007 8:45 am

Stilson, Luther did say, "members of RITMRC," so that covers you, me, Joe Werner, Jessy, Mike Roque, Ryan Kane... Not only are we memebrs of RITMRC, but members of NRHS, too!

Folks, I echo Luther's shameless plug. If you are going to be in Rochester for the summer, come on down to the museum. This is your chance to work around real, working, full-size trains. You'll learn a lot. And if you put in a little "sweat equity" you will be rewarded. Volunteering doesn't always mean heavy lifting... it could be helping to clean up, painting a picnic table, digging a ditch, lifting a tie, bringing a water cooler up to the restoration building, helping to organize tools, showing Cub Scouts around the museum, helping to run a train, and my personal favorite, TALKING ON THE RADIO.

See you this summer!

Vondrak, out.
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Mon May 21, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otto Vondrak

Postby Luther Brefo » Mon May 21, 2007 10:32 am

Otto Vondrak wrote:
Folks, I echo Lyther's shameless plug.

Who is this Lyther character? I don't know him. Do you?

...and my personal favorite, TALKING ON THE RADIO.

See you this summer!

Vondrak, out.

Yes, yes he does...

Are you coming up only for Diesel Days or regularly?'

And remember folks:

"Thank God, for the little trains. If it weren't for the little trains, we would not have the big trains."

-A Mighty Wind
Luther Brefo

Postby Joe Nugent » Mon May 21, 2007 10:44 am

Luther Brefo wrote:"Thank God, for the little trains. If it weren't for the little trains, we would not have the big trains."

No, no, no... it's:

"Thank God for model trains... if they didn't have the model train they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains."

:D
Joe Nugent
RITMRC Treasurer 2004-2006
RITMRC President 2006-2007
BSMET '07
Medina Agent, RITMRC Falls Road Division
Joe Nugent

Postby Luther Brefo » Mon May 21, 2007 11:44 am

Joe Nugent wrote:
Luther Brefo wrote:"Thank God, for the little trains. If it weren't for the little trains, we would not have the big trains."

No, no, no... it's:

"Thank God for model trains... if they didn't have the model train they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains."

:D

There it is. That's better. Thanks, Joe!

If the rest of you have not seen this movie, you really should check it out.
Luther Brefo

Postby Otto Vondrak » Mon May 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Sorry for the typo on your name, Luther.

With gas approaching $3.50 a gallon down here, I think one weekend at Diesel Days is all I can afford... I wasn't even able to qualify as a TC operator this year.

-otto-
~Otto M. Vondrak - Wait, didn't he graduate back in 1999? WTF??
R&IT Metro New York Region - Freight Sales Agent
Graphic Design '99
Otto Vondrak

Postby Sam Swisher » Mon May 21, 2007 10:15 pm

Sam Swisher

Return to General Discussion